This site is hosted by x10Hosting
Join Rememberstlouis Yahoo Group
03 Oct 2010
31 May 2010
15 Apr 2009
Watch “The Morning Service” from St Mary's Church 1987 on Google Video.
28 Mar 2009
27 Oct 2008
A facebook Group for St Louis Convent has recently been set up.
02 Aug 2008
We can now offer any photo from this site made into a fridge magnet £1.50 + p&p.
This site has been set up to commemorate the St. Louis Convent School in Magdalene Street, Glastonbury, Somerset.
The St. Louis Convent was a school for nearly 60 years, from 1925 until 1984. Now the grounds have been converted into 38 self-contained retirement apartments called "Cavendish Lodge". The former convent school buildings are grade II listed.
October 2007 and the first two town houses in the three storey school are on the market. Priory House and Magdalene House are currently for sale. Each three bedroomed house has two windows on each floor front and back, the staircases going up through the centre of each house.
April 2008 and The Priory, built in 1836, has been converted into two town houses, both are currently for sale. The front half of the Priory named Naish House is a 5 bedroom house, and the back of the Priory named Greenhill House is a 4 bedroom house. The two names for the former Priory House were chosen from the names of the original occupiers of the house William Naish and his sisters Sarah Greenhill Naish and Anna Naish back in the 1840's. A lot of the period features of the house have been restored. By February 2009 all four of these houses have been sold.
Remembering St. Louis was launched on 9 August 2005 and includes:
It is hoped that this site will be regularly updated as new information becomes available. If you were a pupil or had any connection with the school or church, we would love to hear from you - Photographs, information or memories, all will be welcome.